08 Best Floating Desks of 2022 Buying Guide and Opinions
Are you looking for Floating Desks, but you wonder which is the best choice? Suffer no more! Here you will find the Best floating desks in an extensive buying guide with which you are guaranteed to get it right in your next online order. We won’t make you wait any longer. Let’s get to the point!
When choosing a floating desk, it’s best to consider space and features before anything else. You have to ensure that your desk won’t clog up your area while giving you enough table room to work, study, or eat. Luckily, our curated desk list has a wide variety of size options, with some even sporting practical features.
Which floating desk to buy?
First of all, we prefer to show you the best-selling alternative, the one that we deduce is superior for having such great acceptance by customers. However, if you plan to continue looking at different options, we will soon show you more super interesting desks and accessories, which have sold more or less as our top 1.
We will provide you with a new way to compare different types of floating desks and accessories according to their value to help you determine the best option without breaking the budget. We must ensure that your online shopping experience is fast, easy, and transparent. Therefore, we remind you that all recommended items have passed our filter. We leave you with the desk catalog!
08 Best Floating Desks – Our Picks
1. Haotian Drop-Leaf Table Desk
This floating desk from Haotian makes for an excellent choice for any home as it combines both form and function in its design. It comes with handy shelves that you can use for decor, trinkets, frames, and more.
There’s even a convenient space for books and notebooks underneath the table, making this table perfect for work or study. Plus, a covered access hole allows you to run wires through it to have a complete workstation with a computer or laptop.
Why we love it:
- It blends well in most spaces with the neutral black and white color options
- This floating desk makes the most out of your room with its many shelves
- It can accommodate all your work or study essentials with its 66-pound load capacity
2. 9 Plus Wall Mounted Floating Desk
Upgrading your space doesn’t need to come at a wallet-busting price, and this floating desk from 9 Plus proves just that. This sleek table is as straightforward as they get, but don’t confuse the simple design with a lack of quality.
Once assembled, the components remain sturdy with regular use, making it perfect for work, study, and meals. Best of all, you can fold down the table when it’s not in use, so you can maximize your space and save up on it.
Why we love it:
- Minimalistic color options that mesh well with most room decor
- Supports up to 50-pounds, allowing you to use this table for laptops, books, and more
- Its folding mechanism is easy to use so that you can use and stow the table away in seconds
3. YU YUSING Wall Mounted Table
While other flip-down floating desks exist, we chose this one from YU YUSING as the best as it’s still usable when it’s folded. This desk comes with a top shelf that you can use for books, picture frames, and collectibles.
A wealth of options also open up for you when you flip down the table because inside, you have more shelves and partitions in addition to the added tablespace. You can even use the interior as storage when the table isn’t in use, allowing you to have a table, display shelf, and a small cabinet all in one piece of furniture.
Why we love it:
- A secure latch keeps the table from flipping down when not in use.
- Five beautiful color options so that you can choose the best one for your space
- 44-pound weight capacity lets the floating desk hold up everyday objects like laptops, books, and picture frames with ease
4. Tangkula Floating Desk with Chalkboard
We can’t recommend this floating desk from Tangkula enough if you want to make the most out of your space. This desk comes with a usable chalkboard that you can use to list down grocery items, reminders, and more.
The chalkboard remains usable whether the table is folded down or not, so you’ll always have space for writing. But, this desk goes beyond giving you some writing space. You’ll also find valuable storage space inside as this floating desk comes with magazine racks and several spacious shelves for all your work, cooking, or studying essentials.
Why we love it:
- The multifunctional design allows you to have a chalkboard, a storage cabinet, and a table with one piece of furniture
- It comes to you fully assembled so that you can get it hung up in no time
- Available in three color choices that all fit seamlessly in most room designs
5. YIZHUO Industrial Wall-Mounted Table
While YIZHUO’s floating desk doesn’t fold down like other options, it’s slim enough that it doesn’t need to. Even with its thin width, each desk size variant’s tablespace doesn’t feel cramped and can be used for eating, working, or studying.
The whole desk is solid wood, while the brackets used for mounting are cast iron, making for a sturdy and beautiful piece of furniture. You can also rely on this for quite a long time as the components are durable.
Why we love it:
- An easy installation process that won’t take more than an afternoon
- It comes in three sizes so that you can choose the best one for your space
- Stained wood adds a classy, rustic touch to any room
6. Multifunctional Fold Down Wooden Wall Mounted Desk
Pmnianhua belongs to Chengdu Yiminuo Furniture, built-in 2014, Focusing on R&D, Producing, Marketing. It is a new panel living room furniture enterprise.
- The floating desk is designed to fit mall spaces, styles and fit your budget. Modern style makes the furniture a welcome addition to your home and office space.
- Widely applicable: The wall-mounted desk is ideal for offices, homes, studies, and bedrooms.
- The wall-mounted desk with shelf on which you can place some pinheads, books, magazines.
- The hanging desk is a great fit small room with fordable function and will save space.
- They are designed to fit your space, style and check on your budget.
- Modern style makes the furniture a welcome addition to your home and office space.
- It is designed to fit your space, style and check on your budget. Modern style makes the furniture a welcome addition to your home and office space.
7. RXBFD Wall-mounted Folding Table Wall-mounted Drop-leaf Table, Floating Laptop Desk
- SPACE-SAVING DESIGN – Fold up to use, fold down to store. Fold-down to the wall using a simple fingertip release mechanism.
- Stability: 2 stainless steel double hinged triangle support brackets provide enough strength.
- Premium and Environmentally Friendly Material: This folding table is mainly made of high-quality artificial Conseil, which is environmentally friendly and durable.
- Multifunctional: You can put your laptop on it or store your magazines and books in a study room and use it as a dining table.
- Easy to assemble and easy to clean: fine piano paint, scratch, and wear-resistant, high temperature resistant, and easy to clean.
8. Basicwise Wall Mount with Shelves Laptop Office Desk
Create the perfect desk area with this wall-mounted laptop desk. Plenty of shelves provides extra surface space to store office items and trinket displays. This desk is composed of durable wood and offers a sturdy base to keep office essentials neat and organized. Practical working spaces start with This wall-mounted desk.
- Durable Material – Durable wood composition for continual use
- Ample storage space – Plenty of surface space for storage and display
- Multi-use – use as an office, bedroom, or living room desk
How to choose the Best Floating Desks?
What to consider when choosing?
If you are thinking of buying the best floating desks because you want to save space in a small room, two features are the most important:
- The ability of the desk to fold
- The depth of it.
A floating desk that folds down is a smart option for those who need a desk for a tiny space. When open, hinged brackets lock position, and the work surface extends 18 or more inches from the wall.
The brackets unlock when you want to close the desk, allowing you to fold the work surface perpendicular to the wall. In wall-mounted desks with shelves, the closed work surface covers the shelves (and any clutter) and looks like a closet.
One of the downsides of a folding floating desk is that it may not be as sturdy to work with as a floating desk that doesn’t fold. These are some of the most common options among the best floating desks.
If you choose one of the best floating desks that do not fold, you should pay special attention to its depth.
- Trim – If you want to walk around your desk easily in a small room, you might wish to one of the best wall-mounted desks that only extend 10 to 15 inches from the wall. However, this limits the amount of work area you have on the desktop.
- Medium – Medium-sized floating desks extend 18 to 24 inches from the wall, giving you a lot more workspace, but can impede traffic flow in the room.
- Large – It’s not common to find a floating desk over 24 inches deep because it’s not very stable unless it has legs that fold out for support.
Main features of Best Floating Desks
These are a few of the main characteristics that you should take into account when you are analyzing the best floating desks:
Best Floating Desks – color and style
Since most wall desks are made of medium-density fiberboard (MDF) rather than solid wood, they are painted. Black & white are the most common colors for floating desks. You can find more expensive wall desks made from hardwood.
Best Floating Desks – Storage
- Shelving: If you need storage in your work area, look for a floating desk with shelves built into the unit. You can get desks with shelves above, below, to the right, or on the left of the working place, and some floating desks have brackets around the work surface.
- Drawers: Some desks have drawers instead of shelves or, in addition to them, allow for the storage of pens, clips, and other materials. Some desks have a computer keyboard shelf that extends when it’s time to work and retracts when you’re done.
- Adjustable: Some floating desks allow the position of shelves and drawers to be adjusted around the desk area to accommodate some items.
Best Floating Desks- Weight Limit
If you’re concerned about the best floating desks supporting the weight of your computer monitor or other objects, look up the table’s weight limit in the description. To ensure that the installed desk will support the maximum weight, you must carefully follow the installation instructions.
Tips for using Best Floating Desks
So that you can buy the most out of the choice you make between the best wall desks, these are some of the tips that we think you should keep in mind:
- Assemble the entire desk first: Since a floating desk can be heavy when fully assembled, you may tempt to complete a portion of it and mount it to the wall. It doesn’t work, and you can weaken the entire structure by doing it.
- Mount on the studs: The floating desk must be very sturdy to support any weight, so attach it to the wall studs and not just the drywall. Use a stud finder to make sure you are mounting the desk correctly.
- Please consider the desk’s height: Before mounting the floating desk on the wall, choose a chair that you plan to use with it. Sit in the chair to determine the optimal height for your work area and mount accordingly.
- Buy new hardware: Although floating desks come with the proper hardware to mount them to the wall, sometimes manufacturers save money by shipping cheap hardware. To ensure the desk holds up well to the wall, you may want to replace them with more durable ones.
Best Floating Desks – Frequently Asked Questions
To finish, we are going to answer some of the most common questions that users usually have before buying one of the best wall desks:
Are Best Floating Desks safe?
Yes, as long as you mount them to the wall correctly. You need to make sure to fix the desk securely, or it could topple under the weight of your laptop or when leaning on the desk.
If you have concerns about installing the desktop yourself, you may want to hire a professional to do it for you.
Can I build my floating desk?
Experienced carpenters can build their desks. Making a rustic or industrial-style floating desk can be as simple as supporting a thick piece of wood with metal wall brackets.
You can also add shelves and drawers. You’ll need to decide if you have the time to undertake this type of project versus buying a ready-made deck.
Should I buy Best Floating Desks with legs?
Most wall-mounted floating desks don’t need legs for support. However, if the work surface extends 24 inches from the wall, portions may require to provide sufficient stability.
Done, now you have all the information you need about the best floating desks, so it should be much easier to be clear about which is the best option for you.